The world of cosmetics and the subsequent indulgence has come of age. Today there are a number of special cosmetic lines being launched the world over to meet the incessant need of women and men too, to look younger than they really are and glamorous at social events. Gone are days when all you had were garish shades of pink and red and brown that literally gave you a ‘caked’ look. Today, the hues and textures of the cosmetics available are skin type friendly and natural.
Mineral makeup is catching up with creme de la creme of society and their fans are not left too far behind. These cosmetics are basically made for minerals that are ground fine and treated to generate the desired hue and texture, to serve a particular purpose. There are special mineral make up brushes used for the application and they result in a flawless effect each time. These special brushes are specifically made for the mineral make up application and are marketed by dedicated mineral make up outlets, worldwide.
Mineral make up is made using only the finest ingredients, without the unnecessary fillers like bismuth oxy-chloride and nano content. The cosmetic line is promoted for all skin types and complexions. There are foundations, bronzers, and veils to choose from. The mineral make up marketed enables you to get that much desired beautiful, conditioned, natural look. Most mineral make up in the market today, especially the ones being marketed by established names, is bacteria resistant.
Mineral make up enables you to successfully camouflage acne, without irritating the skin around the inflamed area. The foundations come in a variety of colours, to match any skin shade. If a shine is desired on the makeup, especially for a night or late evening social do, then the mineral make up foundation could be mixed with additional colour or a bronzer. However, most of the foundations are with the natural matte finish.
The mineral make up bronzers enable you to sport that natural tan or a sun-kissed look, anytime and anywhere. The blushers on the other hand are flashy and are available in many colours, made from pure, crushed mica and iron oxides. Other than these, there are eye shadows, eye liners etc also available. The mineral make up range of cosmetics are a rage because of their skin type friendly applications and natural look. The colours are earthy hues and very natural to sport at any time of the day, without the fear of an ingredient reacting with your skin.
Oily Skin- A Trouble?
Oily skin is a big trouble for many of us. Why our skin oozes more oils than others is a big mystery for the sufferers. The skin attracts more dirt and is more prone to acne. it has shining look and causes all types of cosmetic problems. Why do we have that kind of skin? Can we do something to eliminate this problem forever? Let us find out.
Skin- Why Does It Produce Oils?
Our skin produces sebum. This sebum is mainly made of lipids. The sebum protects us from microbial infections and keeps our skin moist. Along with sebum, we also produce sweat. Our skin also sheds dead skin cells. All these combine and form a layer on the skin. Those who have oily skin, produce more of sebum. Hormones mainly activate the sebum production and some of us are genetically conditioned to produce more oils. You should talk with your doctor if anything can be done with the hormones.
Oily Skin Management-
To manage oily skin the only common way is to use oil free products. Wash your face at least twice a day with soap. Use oil absorbing blotting papers. Use more of powder products. Astringents will remove lot of oil and so do the toners. Look after your oily skin because you will get fewer wrinkles than those who have dry skin. They will envy you after some years.
This article is only for informative purposes. This article is not intended to be a medical advise and it is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Please consult your doctor for your medical concerns. Please follow any tip given in this article only after consulting your doctor. The author is not liable for any outcome or damage resulting from information obtained from this article.
With too many roles for woman to juggle in today’s fast paced, high pressured lifestyle, there is very little time for her to pamper herself.
With tension, worries, anxiety and age, the skin become less active leaving it drier, fragile, prone to wrinkle, lines near the eyes and mouth and losing the youthful colour and glow.
Failure of oil glands failing to release enough oils to moisturize and protect the skin results in dry skin. Environmental causes like dry air, harsh wind, hormonal imbalance, usage of aggressive chemicals, cosmetics or excessive bathing with harsh soaps saps the moisture from the skin making it dryer, flakier and chapped during winter.
Caring for Dry Skin
– Cleanse and Moisturize: The dry skin should be cleansed with a cold cream and alcohol-free skin fresheners to remove the cream. After cleansing, the skin needs a lubricating emollient or a moisturizer when the face is damp after the wash.
– Splash your face with cold water or gently wipe the skin with rose water to tone the skin nicely.
– Avoid using highly alkaline soaps and detergents like washing sodas and powders.
– Avoid the sun, harsh winds and hot baths. Use oil-based creams and make-up products only. Use soft towels or wash cloth to avoid irritation to the skin while wiping it.
– Smoking deprives the skin of oxygen and nutrients it needs for good health making the skin dry and leathery.
– Chapped or cracked skin – increase consumption of water. Keep chapped areas well lubricated and protected from the elements using a good nourishing cream or moisturizer.
– Use creamy, mild, pH-balanced products such moisture based cream gels, lotions, etc for dry skin care.
A well balanced diet of vegetables, fruits, grains, seeds and nuts provides the body with all the necessary vitamins and minerals needed for healthy skin. Drinking water and reducing solar exposure to a minimum is also beneficial. Garlic, onions, eggs and asparagus help to keep the skin smooth and youthful. Carrots, apricots, rich in vitamins A, C keep the skin supple. Increase intake of foods like leafy raw green veggies, dairy products like yoghurt, milk. Lessen fried foods, soft drinks, sugar, chocolates, junk foods, alcohol, caffeine and other foods that have diuretic effecting causing the body and skin to loose fluids, vitamins and essential minerals.
If there is one beauty trend that seems to be getting its fair share of attention and hype, it is organic skin care. A lot of people, particularly celebrities, are switching on to organic skin care products and letting other know about it. Before passing off organic skin care as just some Hollywood trend, read on for more information about it and why switching to it can be the best thing you’ll ever do for your skin.
What does organic skin care mean?
Be Natural Organics
Organic simply means that no chemicals were used in the manufacture of a product and in growing the ingredients that comprised it. Organic skin care products are made without using any preservatives, chemicals, or other synthetic materials. They are made of natural ingredients like flowers, herbs, fruits, nuts, milk, and oils that are cultivated without the use of pesticides, commercial fertilizers, and potentially toxic substances.
Organic skin care products work as just as well or even better than conventional skin care products. There is also a wide array of organic skin care products that can cater to your beauty needs. From lotions and creams to lip balms and lipsticks, there is an organic skin care product that can suit you. Using organic skin care products benefits not only you but other people and the environment as well. Below are some of the key benefits of switching to organic skin care:
Be Natural Organics
– Better health
Studies show that almost 60% of chemicals found in conventional commercial skin care products and cosmetics find their way into the bloodstream. Although trace amounts of these chemicals may not pose significant threat, an accumulation can be potentially toxic. By using organic skin care products, you eliminate the risk of chemicals seeping into your bloodstream.
– Less pollution
Aside from contributing to your health, the use of organic skin care products also lessens pollution. Conventional cosmetics and skin care products are mass-produced in large factories and laboratories using different preservatives and chemicals. Manufacturing byproducts are disposed off as liquid waste or released as fumes. These waste products can potentially harm the environment. On the other hand, organic products are cultivated and manufactured without using any chemical or preservative in carefully controlled conditions designed to maintain the natural properties of the ingredients.
– Improved economy
You also help improve the country’s economy by supporting organic skin care products. Manufacturers of organic products are usually small-scale businesses while their suppliers are advocates and practitioners of organic farming. By supporting organic skin care products, you support and increase the demands for their business.
Zenulife Health and Beauty Products
Organic skin care uses Mother Nature’s natural beautifiers to keep your skin supple and healthy. Just be sure to consult your doctor prior to trying any skin care product, whether it is organic or not. If you are interested in using organic skin care products, it is wise to be knowledgeable of the requirements and standards set by the USDA for organic skin care products to ensure their quality.
Antiaging skin care’ is a very poplar concept in today’s world. Today everyone wants to hide their age using antiaging skin care procedures (and a number of people are successful too). However antiaging skin care is not achieved by any magic potion. ‘Antiaging skin care’ is about discipline. It is about being proactive. Antiaging skin care is retarding the ageing process. Here are a few tips for proactive antiaging skin care:
1. Maintain healthy eating habits: A well balanced diet is the key to maintaining a proper body metabolism. Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables (raw), they are the best source of fibre and have a very refreshing effect on your body. Avoid oily and fatty food; not only do they lack in essential nutrients but also cause obesity and other diseases which aid the aging process
2. Beat stress: This is probably the most important antiaging skin care measure.[/clickandtweet] Stress disturbs the body metabolism and accelerates the aging process. Sleep, exercise and a relaxing bath, are all good ways of beating stress. Aroma-therapy is also known to bust stress.
3. Drink a lot of water: Antiaging skin care can’t be any simpler than this. Water helps in flushing out the toxins from the body, hence keeping it clean and making it less prone to disease. Around 8 glasses of water (per day) is recommended by all doctors.
4. Regular exercise is a wonderful antiaging skin care procedure. Besides toning your muscles, it also helps in cleaning the skin by flushing out the toxins in the form of sweat. Exercise should be followed by a warm shower in order to completely remove the toxins.
5. Avoid the use of strong, chemical based products on your skin[/clickandtweet]. Natural skin care products are a good option. Use of organic skin care products (home made or commercial) can be a very effective antiaging skin care measure.
6. Do not overuse skin care products. Excessive and harsh application, both are harmful.
7. Do not ignore skin disorders;[/clickandtweet] it can lead to permanent skin damage. Try over the counter medication and if that doesn’t help, immediately visit your dermatologist and seek his/her advice.
8. Vitamin C based skin care products are very popular means of antiaging skin care. However, these seem to oxidise very quickly (which makes them harmful for the skin). So store them properly. If the product turns Yellowish brown, it means that vitamin c has oxidised and the prodct is no longer suitable for use.
9. ; UV rays are known to speed up the aging process. So, a good sunscreen lotion should be a part of your antiaging skin care routine.
PureFormulas.com-Highest Quality Health Supplements from Thorne, Metagenics, Biotics and More at Competitive Prices! Click here!